This text constitute the terms and conditions of the website under the address www.lilouparis.com
, which is owned and administrated by :
Lilou Online Shop Sp.z o.o. sp.k.
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing address :
ul. Józefa Lewartowskiego 6
NIP (Tax Identification Number): 7010666632
REGON: 366571012 KRS: 0000663850
NUMER IBAN: PL62 1140 2062 0000 3905 0400 1002
SWIFT/BIC CODE: BREXPLPWWA3
mBank S.A. Address: ul. Grochowska 207, 04-077 Warsaw (POLAND)
- These Terms and Conditions set out the rules for concluding a contract of sale through the E-Shop, under the address: www.lilouparis.com
- The exclusive right to run the above mentioned shop belongs to Lilou, referred to as the “E-shop”.
- All products offered at www.lilouparis.com are new and free from physical or legal defects. They have been introduced onto the market legally.
- Contact with the Store is possible for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by email (email@example.com) , nevertheless the store is open from Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 18.00 (CET). You can contact the store by email or by using the contact form available on the Store page in the "Help".
- Our jewellery available in the e-Shop is made of Silver 925 Sterling, a specially developed alloy gold plated with 23k gold, as well as from 9 carats gold or 14 carats gold, depending on the product. There are also products made with sapphire (0,3 carats).
- The E-shop is selling products via Internet.
- Using the e-Shop is possible provided that the ICT system, which is used by the client follows these minimum technical requirements:
a) Use an Internet browser with support Java Script: Internet Explorer (version 8.0 or higher), Mozilla Firefox (version 22 or higher) or Google Chrome (version 27 or higher),
b) A minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels and owning an email account and an access to the Internet.
- Pictures presented on the e-Shop, and other forms of visualization and presentation of jewellery do not reflect their actual size, they are only informative.
- If the customer wish to engrave abusive words, chauvinistic or content that is unlawful or infringe the rights of third parties, the e-Shop has the right to refuse to engrave them on the product.
- The contract of sale may be concluded only by an adult, who has full legal capacity.
- Ordering via Internet products available in the e-Shop, is possible after registration by filling out the registration form found on the e-Shop (purchases with registration) or by providing the necessary personal data and address, to implement the contract (purchase without registration).
- In order to register it is required to read and accept the terms and conditions and consent to the processing of personal data by the e-Shop.
- In order to register, it is required to select the "Register" button and then enter email and password, on the website www.lilouparis.com.
- After completing actions in point. 4, an activation link will be sent via email to the customer, at the email address specified by the client. After clicking on the activation link, the client will be redirected to the login page. After logging in the e-Shop by entering a username and password, the client fills out the registration form by entering name, date of birth, gender, telephone and address.
- As a result of properly performed registration, the client gets access to the account created for him, he may use it in the e-Shop after login (with email address and password).
- The information given by the customer during registration or required for purchases without registration should be truthful and current. If the client provides false information, outdated or questionable, the e-Shop will attempt to contact the customer in order to fill in or verify the information. In case the customer contact is not possible, the e-Shop has the right to refuse an order.
- The Seller offers a jewellery engraving service via the Store, described on the specific product site.
- The engraving is offered in two options:
a) as simple hand-engraving based on the characters provided by the Client using the Store's form while placing the order
b) as special machine engraving based on the file with an image or text sent by the Client while placing the order, using the dedicated functionality at the Store’s website.
- The Seller outlines the following minimum and maximum requirements regarding the files, which can be used to make special engraving:
a) file format: JPEG, PNG, BMP
b) file size: 1-3 Mb
c) image definition: 1000-3000 pixels
- If the Client wishes to engrave insulting, chauvinistic words or contents that are illegal or contrary to the rights of third parties, including intellectual property rights, as well as images containing such words, the Seller reserves the right to refuse to place such engraving on the product and shall inform the Client about it.
- It is forbidden to submit texts, photographs or images to the Seller for engraving, which, if engraved, would infringe the image or intellectual property rights, including copyrights or industrial property rights of third parties. If this prohibition is infringed by the Client, the Client shall undertake actions to exempt the Seller from liability towards the third party whose rights were infringed as a result of the Client's actions.
- Before placing an engraving order, the Client grants to the Seller a licence to use the text or image submitted by the Client in order to fulfil the Client’s order by ticking the field “I agree” next to the following clause:
“I hereby represent that I hold all rights, including intellectual property rights, to the submitted file and I hereby grant to Lilou Online Shop sp. z o.o. sp.k. a licence to use the text or image saved in the file by: saving the file on computers and making a copy in order to fulfil the order and to consider any complaints, and to engrave the submitted text or image on the jewellery that I have ordered.”
Agreeing to the above wording of the licence by the Client is solely intended to enable the Seller to fulfil the order and to consider any complaints that the Client might file. The Seller shall not use the submitted files in any other way without a separate explicit consent of the Client. The Seller shall store the submitted file for a period, in which the Client is entitled to warranty claims, i.e. 2 years since the day of making the agreement with the Seller; following the lapse of this period, the file will be permanently deleted by the Seller. The above licence in no way infringes the rights of the Client to access their personal data, to modify them, and to demand that their personal data be removed, in the case of files that contain personal data. In such case, the entitlements of the Clients related to the protection of personal data take priority over the aforementioned licence.
ORDERING ON THE INTERNET
- The customer can place orders 24 hours a day every day of the year, however orders are processed on weekdays from Monday to Friday between 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Orders placed on weekdays after 5 p.m., and on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays will be processed the next working day.
- Placing an order through registration, the client places an order after logging in to the e-Shop, by adding a product presented in the e-Shop in the cart, by indicating the method of payment and delivery, and the data necessary to issue a VAT invoice, if the client requests the issuance of such invoice and any comments to the order , concerning engraving or delivery address.
- The client, interested in making purchases without registration, places an order by adding a product presented in the e-Shop in the cart, and then selects the "Place Order" button, indicating the method of payment and delivery and other necessary data to perform the contract, such as: name, date of birth, gender, phone, address, e-mail, data necessary to issue a VAT invoice, if the client requests the issuance of such invoice, and any comments to an order, concerning engraving or delivery address. When making purchases without registration, the customer is required to read and accept the contents of the Rules of the e-Shop, and consent to the processing of personal data.
- After the client filled in all necessary data, a summary of the order will be displayed, including: a description of the product(s), the unit and the total price of ordered goods, the nature and costs of delivery, the customer name and address and the data necessary to deliver a VAT invoice, if the client has requested to issue such invoice .
- The process of ordering ends, for orders with and without registration, at the moment the client choses to "confirm your order with obligation to pay". This action is confirming the order. A message is then sent to the-mail address specified by the client, while registering in the e-Shop (purchase with registration) or while placing an order (purchase without registration) confirming the processing of an order, along with the contents of this Terms and Conditions, followed by current information about the course of execution of this order.
- Upon reception from the e-Shop to confirm an order, on the email address specified by the client, the e-Shop and client are bonded by an selling agreement concerning the ordered products.
PRICES AND PAYMENT METHODS
- Product prices are given in British Pound, American Dollars or Canadian Dollars and include VAT.
- The price of each product is binding at the time an order is placed by the customer.
- Information about the total value of the contract, including shipping costs, is displayed after the client chooses the method of delivery of the order.
- The e-Shop reserves the right to change prices of products available in the e-Shop, to introduce new products on the e-Shop, to create and cancel promotions on the e-Shop, or make changes within the range of products. This does not affect orders made before the date of entry into force of the change in the price, conditions, or sales promotional activities that will be implemented under the existing rules.
- Promotion on the e-Shop can’t be merged, unless the rules of a particular promotion provides otherwise.
- Payment on the e-Shop are processed by Paypal (method of payment), through which it is possible to pay with or without a Paypal account, via credit card or Paypal transfer (with account).
RECEIPTS AND INVOICES
- To each completed order is attached as proof of purchase a receipt.
- VAT invoice is issued at the request of the client, after providing all the data needed for the invoice.
ORDERS FOR COMPLETION DATES
- For the implementation of the contract shall be construed to provide the ordered goods to the customer.
- Orders are processed only after payment is received by the e-Shop.
- In case of non-payment of your order within 10 days from the date of its submission, the transaction shall be considered nulle and will be automatically cancelled.
- The delivery time is up to 10 working days from the day the client received by email (at the email address he provided) confirmation that the payment has been received by the e-Shop and the orders is being processed, but not later than 30 (thirty) days from the conclusion of the contract.
- The e-Shop fulfills orders on Worldwide.
- The delivery of ordered products in the e-Shop is carried out by courier. Shipping costs are: $10 (3-5 working days) or $19 (7-10 working days)
- The e-Shop shall be liable towards client, who is a consumer in accordance with the legal provisions in force, for the non-conformity of the products purchased in the e-Shop, products referred to in the contract of sale.
- Any complaint about the lack of conformity of products should be sent to: Lilou, ul. Józefa Lewartowskiego 6, 00-190 Warsaw, POLAND.
- When submitting a claim for non-conformity the product concerned and a proof of purchase must be submitted to the e-Shop together with description of non-conformity.
- The e-Shop will address the complaint within fourteen (14) days and inform the consumer about how to proceed.
RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
- The consumer has the right, without giving any reason, to cancel the contract within 14 days of the date on which the consumer acquired the physical possession of the products or a third party, other than the carrier and specified by the client, took physical possession of the goods.
- Withdrawal from the contract, for it to be valid, requires submission by the consumer of an unequivocal declaration of withdrawal from the contract. The statement needs to be sent to the following address: Lilou, ul. Józefa Lewartowskiego 6, 00-190 Warsaw, POLAND, or via e-mail to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. To respect this deadline, the declaration of withdrawal from the contract has to be sent before expiration of the contract.
- An optional example optional declaration of withdrawal can be found at the bottom of this page.
- The right of withdrawal from a distance is not granted to the consumer in cases of sale of goods produced according to the client’s specifications or clearly personalized. This means that the e-Shop is not obliged to accept the return of goods made to order for the consumer or the consumer's request modified (for example: engraving).
- In the event of withdrawal, the contract shall be considered null and void, and what the contracting parties agreed on refundable.
- In the event of cancellation by the client from the contract on the terms described above, the client must return the goods covered by the contract unchanged and unaltered. The return of the goods shall be made no later than 14 days from the date of withdrawal to the following address: Lilou, ul. Józefa Lewartowskiego 6, 00-190 Warsaw, POLAND. That deadline is met if the consumer sends back the goods before a specified date.
- In the event of cancellation by the client from the contract, not later than 14 days from the date of receipt of the declaration of the client to withdraw from the contract, the e-Shop will return all payments made by the client, including the cost of delivery of the goods.
- The e-Shop will reimburse the client using the same mode of payment used by the client during the order, unless the client expressly agrees to a different reimbursement.
- The e-Shop may withhold the refund of payments to the client until the receipt of goods or the proof from the client before proof of their return, depending on which event occurs first.
- The client is responsible for any diminished value of the goods resulting from handling in a manner different than was intended in the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- The cost of returning the goods is be borne by the consumer.
- The Administrator of the Data is the e-Shop.
- Personal data are protected in accordance with the laws in force to prevent access to them third parties.
- Personal data shall be collected with due diligence and adequately protected against unauthorized access.
- When placing an order and registering in the e-Shop , you agree to our processing of your personal data. Providing personal data by the client is voluntary, but failure to consent to the processing of personal data may prevent the client to make purchases or to use services electronically. The client is responsible for providing false personal data.
- The e-Shop processes personal data in order to conclude and execute contracts for the sale of goods ordered in the store, the provision of services by electronic means and by a separate agreement for the purposes of marketing and promotion.
- Consistent with the laws in force, the e-Shop clients have the right to access and check their personal data, modify them and request their removal.
- Information about the goods, presented on the e-Shop, in particular, their descriptions and prices, are an invitation to enter into an agreement referred to in the laws in force.
- We reserve the right to change the rules. Any change in the Terms and Conditions will be notified to our clients by placing an appropriate message on the website www.lilouparis.com. Clients who have registered in the e-Shop will be notified of the amendments to the regulations and the possibility of its acceptance by first logging in the e-Shop, counting from the date of entry into force of the new regulations. Refusal to accept the Terms and Conditions is equivalent to termination of the contract for the provision of electronic services.
- Disagreements between the e-Shop and the client, which is a consumer shall be resolved by a court of law, with jurisdiction under the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
- In the event of changes to the terms and conditions made before the date of the modification to the rules will be implemented on the basis of the existing ones.
- These Regulations shall apply from 28 February 2015.
EXAMPLE OF WITHDRAWAL DECLARATION
(This form must be completed and returned only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
Lilou Online Shop Sp. z o.o. sp.k.
Józefa Lewartowskiego 6
I hereby declare that I withdraw from the contract of sale of the following goods: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Order date/Reception date: __________________________________________________________________________
Client’s name and surname _____________________________________________________________________________
Client’s address ________________________________________________________________________________________
Place and date